Pages

23/08/2016

Stop The Itch!

I've never been so itchy!! A few weeks back a nasty rash appeared all over, I looked like I'd been attacked by things that bite. I left it a week as I assumed it'd go, thought maybe I'd had an allergic reaction.
When I did give in and go to the doctors my scalp psoriasis, which has always lurked, had gone into overdrive. I scratch it out in the morning, by tea time it's back. I also get ear infections because of it.


Now I have guttate psoriasis  too. It can start after a throat infection  (I had a really bad sore throat about a month before) appears very quickly & leaves after a few weeks or months. Meanwhile I'm peeling & itchy. The cream they give (Dovobet) seems to make it peel, my face is now as smooth as a newborn baby.
Coconut oil seems to help on scalp psoriasis. I've had the shampoos but always have to scratch it out anyway. I'm tempted to lighten my hair to help hide it but having been dark forever so I'm hesitant.
I'm currently on Pinterest checking out all the natural methods if only to stop me scratching. It'd be nice if it wasn't trial & error!
To be fair it could be worse. I have family members with psoriasis which isn't going away any time soon. My sister's eczema used to be so bad she always looked bright red and still sleeps with a fan on every night. At least this will be gone in a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment